Mar 13, 2017 by
a file upload
jpg and jpeg
In this exercise, you will learn to model shadows and highlights with digital paint.
PROCEDURE: (you can use your document from the previous exercise, or create a new one the same size and resolution)
- On a new layer, make a circle-shaped selection using ellipse select tool, hold down Shift key. (Don’t use the shape tool, make sure it’s the select tool.)
- Select a round brush, turn OFF all presets. Set to 1000px, 5% hardness, 5% flow, 100% opacity.
- Make sure black is the foreground color.
- With long, curved strokes, draw in the shade on the bottom right of the sphere. Add lighter area on top left, until it is roughed in.
- Make brush smaller (about 500px). Press X to switch to background color (white) and add highlight and reflection areas.
- On a new layer beneath the sphere, brush in the shadow in black.
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.