Exercise: Tablet Practice
Mar 13, 2017 by
a file upload
jpg and jpeg
POST EACH PART OF THE EXERCISE TO THIS ASSIGNMENT (there are two parts, but the first part will have multiple images).
EXERCISE, part 1:
- Make a new document 8 1/2 x 11, 300ppi, with a white background. Create a new layer.
- Window > Workspace > Painting (adjust panel sizes so you can see image clearly in Navigation window)
- Using only black, draw simple lines and shapes, and write your name. Submit as many jpg files as you want, to show your experimentation with the following:
- Explore the top row brush options:
- Size and hardness
- Opacity vs. flow
- Brush option buttons (pressure/opacity, airbrush, pressure/size)
- Explore Brush and Brush Presets palette on right.
- Brush tip shapes, different types
- Bristles, length, thickness, etc.
- Click on brush option buttons (top row) while brush palette is open and see what gets checked and unchecked.
- Shape dynamics: jitter
- Transfer: opacity and flow
- Try out all the Painting Shortcuts! You will be using them frequently for future exercises and projects.
EXERCISE, part 2
Navigating using SHORTCUTS:
- Hide the interface with the TAB key.
- Zoom into your canvas with Ctrl+ + so only top left of your image is visible.
- Pan your visible canvas while holding the SPACBAR to move to the bottom right of the image.
- Zoom out to show your entire canvas with Cmd+ 0 (Ctrl+ 0).
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.